ICBA Bond Academy
We'll Teach You the Basics and Beyond.
November 3-5, 2014
Download PDF Brochure
The ICBA Bond Academy is designed to provide community bankers with the knowledge needed to plan and manage effective community bank portfolios and to meet bank objectives.Institute topics will progress from the basics to more advanced topics during the session. You will learn something new, regardless of your level of experience.
- Bond basics, including bond pricing, duration, convexity and price volatility
- Understanding the rate market (yield curves, spreads, FOMC impact)
- In-depth analysis of the various types of bank investments (agencies, tax frees, MBS, ARMs)
- Updating policies and management reporting
- Obtaining wholesale funding if and when needed
- Economic update from trading professionals
Understanding the use of rate swaps to minimize
exposure to rate changes
- Measuring interest rate risk and evaluation of
- Using bond swaps and leverages to improve
overall portfolio performance
- Developing portfolio strategies (laddering, barbells,
riding the yield curve)
- Day-to-day management techniques
- Evaluating investment portfolio performance
Dates: November 3-5, 2014
Who should attend:
• Community bank CEOs, CFOs, investment officers, and heirs apparent
• Alumni will find this to be new information
The Peabody Hotel
149 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Online Hotel Reservations
$185/night - single or double
$205 - triple or quad
(ask for ICBA Securities'
Potential for up to 17 hours credit.